RETURNING BY POPULAR DEMAND! (US$450 / US$500)
Kathleen Conover Mentoring
If you want to strengthen your personal painting style, find your creative path or just get some help to finish unresolved work, I invite you to join Kathleen Conover for three days. Mornings will begin with instruction, inspirations or exercises to get the creative juices flowing. After that, Kathleen will share her expertise with individual artists reviewing their bodies of work, answering questions, helping to resolve issues, and coaching regarding artistic goals. Class time will be divided equally among the class, limited to 15 artists. Artists must have work to show, either physically or digitally, to Kathleen.
Visit Kathleen's website.
|September 15 10:00 - 4:00
|September 16 9:30 - 3:30
|September 17 9:30 - 3:30
|12:00 - 1:00 each day
Buffet Lunch provided in Thornapple Room
(included in workshop fee)
|5:00 each day
||Dinner on your own
Materials List - Click for a printable PDF
Three days to devote to your artwork is a true gift to yourself. And you deserve it! Let’s make the most of this precious time together and start by having all the materials necessary to take the next step in your journey. When in doubt, bring it. Thinking “Here goes nothing” could be the start of everything! So, be prepared.
- A variety of paintings to work on: close-to-done, good start, what's missing?, total bomb, etc.
- Digital images or photos of a few successful previous works to share with me.
- Paints (or collage) and brushes that you normally use to do your art work.
- Reference materials: of imagery if you normally paint with imagery. Of course, total non-objective is great!
- Sketches, thoughts for themes or concepts to explore.
- Misc.: sketchbook, pencils, scissors, spray bottle, water container...
- ALL the things you normally use working in your studio.
Kathleen Conover's Essential Gesso Juice Kit ($15.99). New, in Cheap Joe's 2019 catalog, pg. 90. This is for making new starts from old watercolor paintings and is the trick to many of my “prize winners”.
Don't forget your enthusiasm and a sense of adventure.
Looking forward to painting with you!